Wednesday, 26 December 2007

Continuous Play

No way, you can fight it every day
But no matter what you say
You know it
The rhythm is gonna get'cha

No clue, of what's happening to you
And before this night is through
Ooh baby
The rhythm is gonna get'cha

Rhythm is gonna get'cha
Rhythm is gonna get'cha
Rhythm is gonna get you

The rhythm is gonna get you tonight
Gloria Estefan, lyrics

As I was sitting in the bookshop reading, I could hear music in the background. I stopped reading and focused on the song. I felt the rhythm in me. I then felt the rhythm moving my fingers in time to the beat. I let my fingers tap on the book and do their thing until the end of the song. Although the song had come to an end and another song was playing, I noticed my fingers were still moving to the last song.

When I mentally disconnected from the previous song, my fingers stayed still. I then had to choose whether I wanted to dance to the next music or not. As it was a song I loved, I let the rhythm take over my fingers and they started moving in time to the beat. Again at the end of the song, my fingers were still moving to the old song even when the next song came on.

I repeated this experiment several times. When Luther Vandross' song Never Too Much came on, which I really love, I let the song take over my body and sang along Karaoke style.

I can't fool myself, I don't want nobody else to ever love me
You are my shinin' star, my guiding light, my love fantasy
There's not a minute, hour, day or night that I don't love you
You're at the top of my list 'cause I'm always thinkin' of you

I still remember in the days when I was scared to touch you
How I spent my day dreamin' plannin' how to say I love you
You must have known that I had feelings deep enough to swim in
That's when you opened up your heart and you told me to come in

Oh, my love
A thousand kisses from you is never too much
I just don't wanna stop

Oh, my love
A million days in your arms is never too much
I just don't wanna stop

Too much, never too much, never too much, never too much
Never Too Much, lyrics

The songs represent who I am as infinite being

All realities, which have their own rhythms or vibrations, exist within me. When I am open to experience that reality, all I have to do is let it arise and take over and we move as one.

Each reality is never ending. A song, for instance, originates in the silence of Being and dissolves in the silence. Within the silence, the song is on continuous play and always seeking instruments to express through.

My love for you is on continuous play forever.

Enocia

Related article: Active Intelligence; Continuity; Music to My Ears; Acting is Being; Endless Love