Tuesday, 18 December 2007

The Fixers

Apparently in the world of celebrities and the super-rich, they employ people called "fixers" who are meant to take care of things for them to ensure their lives run smoothly.

I believe we all have fixers. It's a matter of being aware that they do exist and trusting in them. Some people refer to these fixers as angels or guides.

My fixers are Infinite Light who have many different roles and yet they are all working together harmoniously. Here is an article I wrote a while back that describes my many fixers.

Love and light.

Enocia

Related articles: Self-Belief- Revisited; It's a Fix!; Universal Dreamers; My Friends of Love-Light

*******************************************************

Saturday, April 02, 2005

Putting the Under-Utilised Workers to Work

"Delight thyself also in the LORD; and he shall give thee the desires of thine heart. Commit thy way unto the LORD; trust also in him; and he shall bring it to pass." Psalm 37: 4-5

My mother often asks me how I can continue to watch re-runs of Star Trek, Ally McBeal and Sex and the City and never get sick of them. I tell her it's because I love them. Besides, I always see something fresh and new in each episode, so I will continue to watch them whenever I can.

Yesterday, my mother bought me a box of chocolates. I thought I would stagger the enjoyment for a few days but I polished them off in no time. You might be wondering why I don't feel sick or even gain weight. What's being sick or gaining weight got to do with eating chocolate? I just love them. There is also another reason why I don't get sick of them and this is what this article is about.

You are an employer and, instead of getting your employees to use their expertise in the many roles you have created, you try to do everything yourself. See how long you will last before you have a breakdown. I believe suffering is a result of trying to do everything yourself.

I believe that to have all one must let go of the human self. What you gain is the infinite being consisting of infinite multi-dimensional selves. I believe I am always being assisted by these selves that go into action as the need arises, when I let them. This leads me to why I can have the same experiences over and over again. Because I have different selves expressing through me. There is the me who loves chocolates. It is her job to get them, introduce me to new ones, to savour them; that's all she does. There is the me that loves riding on buses so she provides the tickets and transportation. There is the me who takes care of my body, when I let her, and ensures it is in working order. There is the me responsible for entertainment and enjoyment. There is the me that walks me everywhere I go so I never get tired of walking. There is the me that is constantly pondering on truth and ideas. There is the me that is the writer, though I must remember to activate the proof-reader and the editor. The list is endless. These aspects of me are invisible light entities. When I wish to experience something, I only need to invoke the self and she goes to work. Most of the time they work whether I am conscious of them or not.

In terms of my human identity, while I know I am not just a black woman who loves critically analysing stuff, I love being a woman. I love wearing makeup and flicking through fashion magazines and admiring supermodels. I love my feminine body. There is an aspect of myself that is black. I don't go round thinking I'm hard done by because of my skin colour. Majority of the time, it's not even an issue. There are times, however, when I meet black people who can only relate to me because of my skin colour or African heritage. This is when I tap into this aspect of self so I can empathise with them. Indeed, I don't even need to have had the experience. I am not right now experiencing life as a male, but if I want to know what it feels like being male, I tap into the part of me that is male. Ditto other races. Ditto nationalities, animals, nature, everything.

On the way home yesterday I waited for my bus. The first bus was packed full. I considered walking to the next stop but something stopped me. I knew it was the me who takes care of my travels. Seconds behind was another bus that was practically empty. On the bus I noticed a woman and a girl, her daughter I believe, aged about 8 or 9. The girl started making "eee, eee" sounds. The woman told the girl to be quiet. The girl got agitated and squeaked louder. The woman continued screaming at the girl to shut up. Some passengers stared and others looked away. I felt I needed to do something then I had a thought. I called on the me that is responsible for harmony in all relationships: "Off you go, you sort it out." The girl calmed down. After a few minutes the woman looked in my direction. She smiled at me and I smiled back. Later, the girl stood up and started squeaking again. This time her mother patted her hair and told her to calm down. She assured her they were getting off shortly.

In the meantime, a young man beside me was looking at an "A to Z" book (street finder). I thought I would express the self that loves to assist others. I asked him whether I could help. He said he was looking for a particular station. I told him I would let him know when we arrived. The man put away his "A to Z" and visibly relaxed. I thought to myself, this is how it feels when you trust in the many selves. You can put your feet up, have a cup of tea and relax knowing that your dedicated workers are on the case.

I am reminded of my favourite Psalm.

"For he shall give his angels charge over thee, to keep thee in all thy ways. They shall bear thee up in their hands, lest thou dash thy foot against a stone." Psalm 91: 11


This Psalm states that when you trust in the Lord, your infinite selves, all your needs are taken care of. I highly recommend Psalm 91 as a reminder of what the Lord can do. As my American friends would say, it is awesome!

I find that it doesn't matter whether you believe life is a dream, an illusion or whatever. There is a purpose for being in form which is to experience life. To quote Star Trek's mission statement:

"To seek out life and new civilizations, to boldly go where no one has gone before." Star Trek TNG


My infinite selves exist outside time/space. Each self is beginningless and endless. Having an experience is like stepping on a revolving door. When you've had enough, you step off the door which continues to revolve for eternity. When I let the experts take over responsibility for all areas of my life, I am free to be the "thinker" and come up with new ideas which I let my workers implement.

Have you noticed how blissful babies and toddlers are? Wouldn't you be if you didn't have to worry about a thing and let others take care of your needs? This is how I believe we're meant to experience life. But when you try to do everything yourself, you feel the burden of responsibility which is bound to slow you down, or limit you. When I trust in my workers I am free to be and experience any reality I choose.

I realise that I have been trying to do everything myself. I have under-utilised my many workers for far too long. It's now time for me to relax and let my workers express themselves as they have been trained to do and love doing. This is absolute freedom.

I am so grateful for my infinite selves. Together we are unstoppable!

Love and Light,
The Boss, Enocia

Related article:
The Hard Way or the Easy Way