Thursday, 6 December 2007

Rain, Rain, Good to Have You Here

I can't say I've been the greatest fan of rain. Given a choice between wet weather and dry weather I know which I prefer. In fact I don't like opening my umbrella. I prefer to have it neatly folded up in my handbag. When it rains I simply use the hood of my jacket to keep my head dry.

That was then, this is now.

I now find I love the rain. Although I still prefer dry weather, I don't mind walking in the rain at all. I still don't like opening my umbrella though.

A few days ago while I was walking home, it was raining cats and dogs and I got drenched, but I didn't mind at all. I loved it! One side of the road was so flooded cars were driving in the middle to avoid it. As the pavement was also flooded, I crossed over. It was quite fun dodging the cars and avoiding getting splashed. I wondered whether the pavement further down was flooded. As if by magic, a cute guy pushing his bike approached me. I asked him and he advised me to cross over the road.

I've also spotted three heart-shaped puddles in my neighbourhood. Lovely!

I love rain. Well, rain is only another aspect of who I am being.

Rain, rain, don't go away,
It's lovely having you today.

Enocia

Related articles: Not a Person; Playfulness