Thursday, 27 December 2007

Slow Boat to China

"I see every day as me. Every day is an opportunity to learn more about myself. I then encounter people or have experiences that give me further insights about myself, which I record in my blogs." Me, Mine, My, Myself and I are One;

Last night my bus journey was painfully slow. At one point the driver stopped at a bus stop for about five minutes. I knew it was because he was early. I understand that bus drivers get into trouble when they arrive early, but it's OK for them to arrive late.

The bus continued to chugger along, stopping longer than usual at each bus stop.

What the bloody hell is going on? Why have I caught this slow boat to China? It was then it all made sense.

Earlier during the day I had put out an intention for the day to pass slowly because I wanted to have fun experimenting with time. (See Moving at Snail's Pace). The day had passed slowly, and I seem to have all the time in the world, which was a lot of fun. The only snag was because I forgot to specify how long I wanted that experience to last, it kept on going. No wonder I ended up catching a bus that had way too much time to kill.

When I got off that bus, the next bus arrived in no time at all. I felt like I was in two minds; part of me wanted to get home quickly while another part wanted to continue moving at snail's pace. A few stops down the road, I noticed my final bus was waiting at a bus stop and the drivers were changing shifts. I had to decide whether to get off and catch that bus, which would take me all the way home. I couldn't be bothered to get off. I mean, there is no rush, is there? The bus I was on stopped at the next stop which allowed the one behind to overtake us. By the time we arrived at the bus station, it was too late to catch the one in front, so I ended up walking home. I guess I did want to experience a slow day after all.

Life is a wonderful adventure in Consciousness. The choice is always mine whether I wish to experience life as fast or slow.

Enocia

Related articles: Continuous Play; Moving at Snail's Pace; Obstacles; Not the Neighbourhood, But One's Consciousness; Masters of Time