Monday, 28 January 2008

Connections

As my local shop didn't have the bus pass in stock. I walked to the local tube (underground) station to get my weekly pass. After I had bought it I went to the local bus station to catch my bus. My bus was already at the stop. A man ahead ran to catch it and I was close behind, but the bus took off.

The man was upset about it. He believed the driver must have seen us running in his rear view mirror but drove off anyway. I told him not to worry because buses in London are two a penny.

There was another man at the bus stop. He said he doesn't usually travel this route. He came to this station intending to catch a bus but he was so engrossed in his walkman, he hadn't realised he'd got on the wrong bus. He said that he believed it was a wake-up call for him to get back in line with Love. I told him that it is possible I missed my bus and he got on the wrong bus because we were meant to meet up.

My friend turned out to be a kindred spirit. He spoke about how there is so much love around but you're not going to experience it unless you connect to it. After chatting for about 5 minutes, my bus arrived and I said goodbye.

It turns out my friend's comment about love was reflecting a conversation I had last night with another friend who lives in our neighbourhood. I haven't seen in a while and have been wondering if she's now at university. I saw her when I was walking home. She told me about a young girl who had been attacked in the neighbourhood and warmed me to be careful. I told her I trust in Love. She said the girl who was attacked came from a Christian family. My friend said she was very angry with the guys concerned and asked if she was wrong for feeling that way. I said I would pray for the girl and the boys.

So what my friend at the bus stop was saying that unless you are aware of Love's presence, you're not going to make any use of it.

Back to my friend at the bus stop; it's amazing the lengths Love will go to connect like-minds. Whether people end up doing anything about it is another matter. As the saying goes, you can lead a horse to water but you can't make him drink.

Enocia

Related articles: The Enocia Show; Love Dispels Anxieties; Trusting in Love