Thursday, 3 January 2008

How to Have Less and Still Have More

I love my beauty sleep. I could sleep all day if I could. I tend to wake up in the middle of the night either because I've "downloaded" lots of information that needs to be processed or find myself needing to be in silence. Once I've been up for a few hours and fall asleep, it's not long till daybreak.

How do I resolve this dilemma of sleep and needing to be in silence?

I could spend the whole night in meditation.

That would mean not having any sleep and that's not an option.

The other option is a lot more acceptable. For instance, last night I went to bed at around 12.30 am. I didn't feel like going to sleep because I was still mulling over an episode of "StarTrek" I had just watched. So I put out an intention for the night to pass slowly.

I was awake for quite a while then I fell asleep. When I woke up to have a pee I looked at the clock and saw that it was only 2 am. I fell asleep again. After I had been asleep for hours, I woke up again and saw it was only 3 am. By the time I woke up around 8 am this morning, it felt like I had been in bed for a whole day.

So I can have less sleep and still have more sleep. This is such fun!

Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz!

The fun doesn't end there. I can also intend for the day to pass slowly so I can fit in as much I want to; or for it to go really fast.

Time is a very elastic toy I can have fun playing with.

Loooovvvvveeee tooooo aaaaaallllll

Enocia

Related articles: No Time Passes - Revisited; Slow Boat to China; Moving at Snail's Pace; The Weaker, the Stronger; Can You Have Your Cake and Eat It Too?