Friday, 11 January 2008

Living Under Grace

Help, I need somebody,
Help, not just anybody,
Help, you know I need someone, help.

When I was younger, so much younger than today,
I never needed anybody's help in any way.
But now these days are gone, I'm not so self assured,
Now I find I've changed my mind and opened up the doors.

Help me if you can, I'm feeling down
And I do appreciate you being round.
Help me, get my feet back on the ground,
Won't you please, please help me
. Help, The Beatles

My friend and I were waiting to cross the traffic light. I could see a police car with its siren blaring away fast approaching, but it was still far enough for me to cross over. As if my friend had read my thoughts she said, "Anyone who runs over now will lose a leg," which made me giggle. I let the police car go past.

"You know, emergency vehicles remind me of most people's relationships with God," I said as we crossed over the road. "People only think about God or a Higher Power when they are in trouble. When you call out in an emergency, you receive help. As soon as your immediate problem is resolved, it's back to business as usual."

"I've never heard it put like that before," my friend said. "You're talking about Grace, aren't you?"

"Yes, emergency services are the equivalent of living under Grace when your needs are given top priority," I said.

"Reminds me of what my pastor was preaching about recently," my friend said. "He said people listen to the teachings and resolve to put them into practice; but the moment they walk out they don't give it another thought until the next Sunday."

"That's because people believe they've got everything under control. Been there done that,"I said. "Now I treat every moment as if it's an emergency."

"Another way to put it is that you could ask for the Grace to be under Grace."

"That's a good one," I chuckled.

It's easy to get complacent because life appears to be running smoothly. Why bother praying when I have everything under control? Then when I find myself in some dire situation I'm like "HELP ME GOD!" Divine Love doesn't judge anyone of course and help is always given when I call out. But then I figured why not treat every moment as if it's an emergency and always call on Love? This way I get to live under Grace every single moment of every single day.

HELP!

I am Grace.

Enocia

Related articles: Charisma in Eight Acts; Go On, Switch It On!; One Family, One Surname called Love; Living in Easy World; Self-Belief- Revisited; Why Praying is Very Important to Me; Love Always Has the Right of Way; Staying On an Even Keel; Grace; Staying Joined in Love; Come, Let Me Kiss You Better!; Dear God, What is Your Will For Me?; Grace in Action; Where Do You Focus Your Attention?; Walking with Love