Tuesday, 11 March 2008

Conviction

I once heard a story about Mary Baker Eddy, founder of The Church of Christ, Scientist. Mrs Eddy used to perform many healing miracles, even raising the dead. When one of her students asked her how she performed the works that she did, Mrs Eddy replied that when the student believes what she says, she can perform the same works.

Mrs Eddy had conviction. She believed in what she said and her words came to life. She also proved there was a scientific principle behind healing which could not only be demonstrated but can be shared, which she did in Science and Health with Keys to the Scriptures. Many people have been able to experience healings through following her teaching because they believed.

I'm reminded of the following passage in the Bible when Jesus says:

Have faith in God. For verily I say unto you, That whosoever shall say unto this mountain, Be thou removed, and be thou cast into the sea; and shall not doubt in his heart, but shall believe that those things which he saith shall come to pass; he shall have whatsoever he saith. Mark 11: 22-23

As I see it, conviction goes beyond mere belief. There's no point blindly following someone who has achieved such and such if I can't demonstrate that truth in my own experience. I have to know without a shadow of a doubt that what I think or believe is true. So while I've studied religious texts and scriptures, I have found it important to explore what God/Love means for me. That's why I don't follow any religion or spiritual discipline.

Conviction is also about trusting in my own path, even when others think I'm mad. Conviction is being able to accept who I am no matter what.

In my blogs, I am sharing my conviction, which are not meant to instruct or convince anyone in any way. I hope I'm able to inspire readers to trust in their own conviction.

I believe in Love.
I believe in Me.

Enocia

Related articles: Remember Love; Nothing Can Dull My Shine; Inspiration; Why Opposites Do Not Attract; Healing with the I AM; Faith is Seeing Beyond the Fog; Self-Belief- Revisited; Ideas in Mind - Part 2; Follow Me; Nice Words and So What?