Monday, 4 February 2008

The Word

On the bus I heard a baby singing the nursery rhyme, Baa Baa Black Sheep. As the baby has not yet developed his speech faculty, all I could hear was "Bwa bwa bwack bweep bwa bwa..." And yet I could still recognise the song. It sounded hilarious!

In a previous article called Ultrasound, I wrote about the inner sound I hear in my head which is the voice of my True Self that contains all possibilities of infinite love as ideas. The baby's rendition of "Baa Baa Black Sheep" reminded me of the inner voice - rich with possibilities yet to be made manifest into tangible forms.

The inner voice is also referred to as the "Word" in the Bible. Speaking of which, when I was in primary school, I took part in our annual choral service at our church to celebrate Christmas. I was asked to read a passage from the Bible: John 1: 1-14, which I memorised. I remember feeling so nervous at having to read the lesson in front of so many people, I read it at light speed. My mother told me she could barely make out the words. Come to think of it, I must have sounded like that baby on the bus on Speed.

Now the first three verses of the Bible passage are:

1: In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.
2: The same was in the beginning with God.
3: All things were made by him; and without him was not any thing made that was made.

At the time those words meant nothing to me. Little did I realise how that passage would play a huge part in my awakening to Self. Now I know the "Word" refers to the inner sound of creation, which I hear all the time.

I am the Word being made flesh in every moment.

Enocia

Related articles: More About the Inner Sound; Ultrasound; Continuous Play

This is the passage I memorised for the choral service and still know by heart.

1: In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.
2: The same was in the beginning with God.
3: All things were made by him; and without him was not any thing made that was made.
4: In him was life; and the life was the light of men.
5: And the light shineth in darkness; and the darkness comprehended it not.
6: There was a man sent from God, whose name was John.
7: The same came for a witness, to bear witness of the Light, that all men through him might believe.
8: He was not that Light, but was sent to bear witness of that Light.
9: That was the true Light, which lighteth every man that cometh into the world.
10: He was in the world, and the world was made by him, and the world knew him not.
11: He came unto his own, and his own received him not.
12: But as many as received him, to them gave he power to become the sons of God, even to them that believe on his name:
13: Which were born, not of blood, nor of the will of the flesh, nor of the will of man, but of God.
14: And the Word was made flesh, and dwelt among us, (and we beheld his glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father,) full of grace and truth.
John 1: 1-14