Tuesday, 11 March 2008

Living on Love

"It is the spirit that quickeneth; the flesh profiteth nothing: the words that I speak unto you, they are spirit, and they are life." John 6: 63

Can one live on love?

Well, the sceptics might say love is not enough.

You have to be practical about life, you know.
Love cannot put food on the table.
Love can't make you feel better when you're not feeling well.
Love can't protect you.

Well, I beg to differ.

Every day I hear people wishing each other well:

Good morning/afternoon/evening/night!
Good day!
Have a nice/lovely day!
Take care!
Cheers!
Look after yourself!
Mind how you go!
All the very best!
Take it easy!
Good luck!
Be lucky!
Be happy!
Be kind to yourself!
Namaste!
Salam Alaikum!
God bless you!
Peace be with you!
Hare Krishna
Om Namah Shivaya!
My thoughts are with you!
You're an angel!
You're a star!
You're a joy!
You're beautiful!
Thank you!
I love you!

These are not just nice words intended to make me feel good for a moment. I see these words rather like a product label which claims to do exactly what the label states, if you believe it does. So when someone wishes me a good day, I see that wish as my guardian angel whose purpose is to make me have a good day and take care of my needs.

Even if a wish is simply a smile, then that smile is transformed into an angel whose purpose is to uplift me.

I can always send myself good wishes and they will work just as well.

Every moment of every single day I am living on Love.

Enocia

Related articles: On Being a Flirt; Conviction; Infinite Blessings; Inspiration; My Choir of Angels - Part 2; On Being Blessed and Being a Blessing; Trusting in Love - Part 2